Pecan Coconut Cookies
With December 18 being “Bake Cookies Day,” I knew I had to share this amazing recipe for pecan coconut cookies with you today! It’s my ultimate favorite holiday cookie because it’s easy to make and perfect for cookie exchanges, baking with the kids, and it’s so delicious!
This cookie is crispy on the outside and oh so chewy on the inside. It’s got a touch of coconut and loads of pecan flavor. Plus, powdered sugar sprinkled on top reminds everyone of a winter wonderland making these cookies pretty too! I love packaging them up in clear containers and adorning with a big red bow for neighbor gifts! I definitely suggest sending this recipe along to parents, grandparents, friends, and any and all bakers in your life! It’s a keeper.
PECAN COCONUT COOKIE RECIPE
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, whole (for garnish, optional)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine both sugars and softened butter. Cream together until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Layer baking pan with parchment paper. Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll into 1 ½ inch balls and flatten with the palm of your hand on baking pan. Place one whole pecan in the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden on bottom. Do not overbake or cookies will be too crunchy!
- Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar (while warm or cool).
If you have friends that love to bake, you could even gift them the cookie dough in mini pint containers so they can bake it up whenever they have time during the holidays! Just leave the baking temperature and time on the container and tell them to freeze until ready to bake!
These pecan coconut cookies might not be red and green or even have chocolate in them, but trust me, these are an absolute winner! You might even want to double the batch because they’ll be gone fast. I’m making them for an upcoming neighborhood holiday party this weekend! Everyone always asks for the recipe as they’re quite addictive!
If you’re as big of a cookie lover as I am, then definitely check out these additional cookie ideas below!