Tasty Cinco De Mayo Recipe
Feliz Cinco De Mayo!
Contrary to what many believe, Cinco De Mayo is not Mexico’s Independence Day, which is actually September 16. The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexican militia over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. How will you be celebrating this fine holiday? By eating Mexican of course!
Here’s a recipe for a delicious and fun Mexican dish you can eat with family and friends.
- Hot wing sauce (I like Franks)
- 16oz of can chicken, drained (how much you use will vary depending on the size of your meal)
- Tortilla chips – feel free to get creative with flavors, I just recently had Tostitos® with a hint of pepper jack
- Sour cream (as much as you want – TONS!)
- Cheddar cheese (as much as you want – TONS AND TONS!)
- Mix together 1 1/2 cups wing sauce and the chicken
- Spread the mixture over tortilla chips with 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- You can top the nachos with whatever you want. Try: blue cheese, chopped celery, jalapeños, whatever you like!
Variations of these nachos can be with refried beans, corn, and salsa! Just be sure to have a couple drinks by your side! Enjoy!