Last week we thought it would be a good idea to run a Mother’s Day poll on the Homes.com website, to find out what moms really wanted on their day. Over 24 hours, we received almost 1,000 responses. And the results are in… kids, we can skip the chocolates and big gifts; most moms just want to relax at home and spend some quality time with the kids.
Outside of that, if you want to give a gift your mother will love, consider flowers, gift cards, and relaxing spa time as popular answers.
Personally, the team at Homes.com thinks you can’t go wrong with indulging mom with some great wine and a evening on the patio enjoying a home cooked meal… the data doesn’t lie:
Frequency of answers containing a given word:
Some select answers:
- …just able to relax by getting a pedi & mani and reading a book.
- Breakfast with my kids and some nice cards and pictures and a spa day…Mommy time!
- A nice dinner and peace and quiet
- A framed picture of my kids, a phone call, a hug & a kiss & a smile from my kids and grandchildren!
- Would love a day off from the kitchen and be walking by the water just relaxing all day…
- A gift card.
- a sleepin! a breakfast! a bed! a flower! a pictures robbie! my special day!
- A day at a full service spa, where I can get a massage, sit in the sauna, hit the whirlpool, be served a light lunch and champagne, have a great foot massage and manicure.
Although kids featured prominently, as a Mother’s Day wish should, there were 3 responses with “no kids” suggesting that some Mothers would prefer a break, just for one day a year!
To all the moms out there, Happy Mother’s Day from Homes.com.