Kitchen Organization Tips
I love getting busy in the kitchen! From easy weeknight meals to prepping for a crowd, the kitchen is my happy place! One thing that doesn’t make me happy is when I can’t find what I’m looking for – or even worse, when I rush to the store to buy a “missing” ingredient but I actually had it the whole time. Not cool. These kitchen organization tools and supplies will make sure you get the most out of your kitchen and cooking experience!
Keep it Spicy
It’s so frustrating to be mid-cooking and frantically searching for the paprika – we’ve all been there! Instead of storing your spices on a shelf where they can easily hide behind one another, try these handy spice drawer racks that keep your all your spices front and center!
Clean Countertops are Happy Countertops
If you’re like me, you want to rid your kitchen counters of junk. To minimize countertop clutter, I’ve invested in a few over the door devices such as:
- Over the door paper towel holder
- Over the door sponge holder (because no one likes a dirty sponge on the counter!)
- Keep things OFF your counters with over the door paper towel holder and shelves for sponges
- Cute wall mounted hanging basket with hooks (to keep mail and keys off your countertop!)
Can Organizers For the Win
Don’t waste precious shelf space in your pantry or refrigerator! These organizers are amazing for displaying canned items you have as well as maximizing your space!
Tupperware Disaster No More
No matter how organized your kitchen may be, searching for a missing Tupperware Top has happened to the best of us! My favorite way to organize my Tupperware tops and bottoms are the pullout cabinet organizers like this one from Bed, Bath and Beyond.
General Tips: Basic Kitchen Organization Pointers to Make Your Life Easier!
- Put new garbage bags at the bottom of both the trash and recycling cans. This way you have a new bag readily available every time you take out the trash.
- Store Ziploc bags and foil/plastic wrapping in the same drawer so wrapping up leftovers is a breeze.
- Store frequently used items (like everyday dishes and cups) in the easiest to access cabinets. Fancier china and serving pieces that don’t get used every day can be stored on a higher shelf or closet.
- Don’t let bulky cooking utensils such as spatulas and wooden spoons take up room in drawers. Instead, store them in utensil crocks like this attractive holder from Wayfair.
With a kitchen this organized you’ll never get takeout again!
Homes.com is the place to dream and discover your ideal home! Are you starting to get the itch to look for your first or next home, but don’t know where to start? You’ve come to the right place! Browse our real estate and lifestyle blog for home buying tips, mortgage guides, DIY ideas, interior design, lifestyle topics, general home inspiration, or just some homes fun. We are sure you can scratch that itch and find all the information and tools you need to help in your home search. Want to start looking at available real estate right now? Head to our home page and check out homes for sale or rent listings all over the country.
Happy house hunting!