Selling Your Home? Give it the Red Carpet Treatment!
The Academy Awards are the biggest night in Hollywood, when celebrities don their best attire for an evening of glitz and glamour. For weeks leading up to the Oscars, A-listers prepare for the red carpet fanfare with spa treatments, specialized exercise regimens, and fittings with prestigious fashion houses. After all, when they’re under the brightest spotlight of the year, every detail matters!
The same is true when you’re selling your home.
Giving your home the red carpet treatment can make all the difference between who talks about it the next day, and who doesn’t even remember it.
The Spa Treatment
Your home will feel good to buyers when it looks good to buyers, so giving it some TLC is the first step to a great first impression.
- Wipe down hard surfaces, including walls, doors, windows, cabinets, and countertops
- Deep-clean carpets and upholstered furniture
- Clear out cluttered bathroom cabinets and shelves and place fresh flowers and candles instead
The Workout Regimen
Just like celebrities get toned for the big night, making sure your home is in prime condition might take a bit of time and effort. But, as we so often see, the results speak for themselves!
- Upgrade any outdated appliances like refrigerator or water heater
- Address any concerns with big-ticket items like HVAC, roofing or plumbing
- Sand and refinish worn hardwood floors
The Prestige Fashion
If cleaning and repairing your home are what brings buyers in, the staging and decor is what makes them want to stay. Just like an A-lister’s perfect gown showcases their physique, your staging and decorating will show buyers the full potential of the space.
- Remove personal belongings and collections like awards, photographs, and papers on the fridge, and consider placing items like small plants for a fresh space
- Remove any extra furniture to make spaces seem larger and stick to a neutral color palette
- Declutter kitchen counters and add a bowl of fruit or a vase of fresh flowers
For more tips on how to get your home red-carpet ready, download the free Homes.com How to Sell Your Home Playbook!