Located on a large, deep lot, this Italianate beauty was built in 1884 by A.L. Evans, who was responsible for constructing several other historic homes in Cheraw. Not only is there gracious space inside, this home has a separate 750 square foot garage with an additional 500 sq. ft. of storage/workshop area, as well as approximately 1000 sq. ft. of covered and screened in porches. Of historic note, this was considered the first house of "any pretensions" built in Cheraw after the Confederate War, 406 Kershaw Street was first remodeled by Kate E. Estes, daughter of Mr. Evans. The Frank Evans family also lived here for a number of years. For close to ninety years, it has been owned by a member of the James E. Powe family. Shown by appointment only.