I ratified a contract and am unable to get financing. Do I have to release the earnest money to the sellers?

The sellers agreed to release me from the contract but have threatened to sue me for the earnest money.
(0) | asked by: Monica Crawford | share | 16 hours ago | Report
2500 characters left
Answer Tips: Share your knowledge. Be on-topic . Refrain from self-promotion.
* Refer to our community guidelines.


Viewing Answers 1 - 1 of 1
Jim Coulter
answer by Jim   
The answer is in your contract of sale contract. Take a look. More than likely the answer is yes...if you can prove that you can't get financing then you can void the contract
Answer Helpful?
4 hours ago  |   Report   |   share
Please read Homes.com's Questions & Answers Community Guidelines.