427 W Columbia, Telluride, CO 81435
Proudly situated on a large & elevated bench of mature trees & gardens just one block above Telluride's Main St, the Cornell House remains among the most significant historic properties within the Telluride region. Built in 1891 by legendary scientific pioneer L.L. Nunn, the residence was among the first homes in the U.S to feature alternating electrical current revolutionized by the home's owner. Carefully restored & impeccably maintained by its present owners, the property wonderfully balances its rich historical significance w/the casual comfort & warm sophisticated accommodations of a mountain retreat. The historic Main Residence & separate Guest House seamlessly blend period details of original wood flooring, hardware & Gothic Revival architecture w modern amenities one would expect.