Kansas Real Estate
Kansas Homes For Sale
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 2,432 Sq. Ft.Phillipsburg, KS 67661
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,601 Sq. Ft.Hutchinson, KS 67502
- New3 Beds • 1 Bath • 1,134 Sq. Ft.Kingman, KS 67068
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,240 Sq. Ft.Ogden, KS 66517
- New3 Beds • 1 Bath • 916 Sq. Ft.Salina, KS 67401
- New4 Beds • 2 BathsJunction City, KS 66441
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,578 Sq. Ft.Lawrence, KS 66046
- New3 Beds • 2 BathsWichita, KS 67212
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,700 Sq. Ft.Wichita, KS 67216
- New3 Beds • 1 Bath • 1,092 Sq. Ft.Topeka, KS 66618
- New4 Beds • 4 Baths • 2,726 Sq. Ft.Olathe, KS 66062
- New1 Bed • 1 Bath • 620 Sq. Ft.Abilene, KS 67410
- New4 Beds • 4 BathsHillsboro, KS 67063
- New5 Beds • 3 BathsWichita, KS 67206
- New114 AcresPomona, KS 66076
Right in the middle of the continental United States sits Kansas, the 34th state admitted to the Union. With hot summers and snowy winters, Kansas has as much variance in its weather as it does in styles of houses. You can find Colonial Revival and 3- and 4-bedroom ranch homes in the countryside, as well as townhouses and single family homes in the suburbs and cities. Like so many parts of the midwest, rental homes are fairly priced and available.
The state's capital is Topeka, while the largest city in Kansas is Wichita, located a few hours north of the Oklahoma border. Perhaps the most talked about city is Lawrence, home to Kansas University and one of the nation's most famed basketball programs. Lawrence is about an hour outside of Kansas City, a huge metropolitan area that is technically in Missouri, though it straddles the border between the two states. The western half of Kansas slopes upward towards the base of the Rockies, yet still consists of mostly fields and plains. On the eastern side there is more forestland, and the northeastern border of the state is primarily defined by the Missouri River. In the southwest corner you can visit Dodge City, famous for its old cattle drives. Much of the state is still home to livestock and ranches, while Lawrence and Wichita provide the urban outlet.
Though it's topographical range is somewhat limited, Kansas has a lot to offer in other departments. Kansas University and Kansas State University generate large and diverse student bodies that greatly influence the surrounding commercial areas. Kansas City boasts two storied professional sports franchises, with baseball's Kansas City Royals and the Kansas City Chiefs of the NFL. People wanting to claim that they've been to the absolute center of the contiguous U.S. can visit the small city of Lebanon. The state is home to dozens of historic trails, national parks, and national monuments and landmarks.