California Real Estate
California Homes For Sale
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,855 Sq. Ft.Visalia, CA 93291
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,778 Sq. Ft.Visalia, CA 93291
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,616 Sq. Ft.Desert Hot Springs, CA 92241
- New4 Beds • 3 Baths • 2,452 Sq. Ft.Mountain Center, CA 92561
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,452 Sq. Ft.Idyllwild, CA 92549
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,188 Sq. Ft.La Quinta, CA 92253
- New3 Beds • 3 Baths • 3,148 Sq. Ft.Joshua Tree, CA 92252
- New2 Beds • 1 Bath • 1,041 Sq. Ft.San Diego, CA 92119
- New4 Beds • 2 Baths • 2,116 Sq. Ft.Indio, CA 92201
- New5 Beds • 3 Baths • 2,313 Sq. Ft.Torrance, CA 90505
- New5 Beds • 3 Baths • 2,493 Sq. Ft.Sacramento, CA 95835
- New3 Beds • 3 Baths • 1,265 Sq. Ft.Sacramento, CA 95823
- New4 Beds • 2 Baths • 2,400 Sq. Ft.Sacramento, CA 95816
- New3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,600 Sq. Ft.Grass Valley, CA 95945
- New20 AcresNevada City, CA 95959
California, fondly known as 'the Golden State,' contains the most populous area in the country, Los Angeles county. Present day California was first settled by a variety of Native American tribes before it was claimed by the Spanish Empire as part of the Alta California region of New Spain. After the Mexican-American War, the area was ceded to the United States. California has a uniquely diverse geography that includes the Sierra Nevada range in the east and the Pacific Coast in the west. The northwest contains redwood-Douglas fir forests an the southeast is almost entirely Mojave Desert land. California has both the highest point (Mount Whitney) and the lowest point (Death Valley) in the contiguous country.
Los Angeles is the second-largest city in the country, surpassed only by New York City. L.A. is in the Southern region of the state and is widely known for being the heart of the American entertainment industry. The city has a sprawling metropolis and contains a great deal of ethnic diversity. Sometimes referred to as the City of Angels, L.A. was ranked sixth in the Global Cities Index. In addition to entertainment, the city is also a hub for fashion, sports, technology, medicine, education and research. One of the most well-known areas in Los Angeles is Hollywood, the leading producer in the creation of television, motion pictures, and recorded music.
Los Angeles is home to six Fortune 500 Companies, which include Occidental Petroleum Corporation, Health Net Inc., Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co., AECOM Technological Corporation, Oaktree Capital Group, LLC, and CBRE Group, Inc. The economy runs on international trade, entertainment, aerospace, technology, and petroleum. Los Angeles is the home to three of the six major film studios: Paramount Pictures, 20th Century Fox, and Universal Pictures. In the western United States, L.A. is the largest manufacturing center. The ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach make up for the fifth-busiest port areas in the entire world.