10 Ways to Search for Your New Home
Congratulations on making the decision to buy a home. Now it’s time to find the perfect one! Here are ten tips to help you in your search process:
- Choose the type of home that meets your lifestyle, be it ranch, duplex, condo, etc.
- Research the builder, and know their reputation.
- Determine what you can afford by looking at your monthly bills. Plan ahead for any unexpected costs.
- Look at foreclosure lists in your area – you might be able to get exactly what you want at a lower price than if you bought a non-foreclosed home.
- Search and locate a real estate agent you want to work with. Make sure you find someone who takes your needs into account.
- Ask for family and friends to keep an eye out. They might spot your dream home for you!
- Harness the power of word of mouth to work for you. Spread the word via social media that you are in the market.
- Look on home sites such as Homes.com.
- Drive around a neighborhood you want to live in and search for any homes for sale.
- Research the school district
Find local homes for sale in your area with Homes.com, and happy house hunting!