Congrats! You’re now moving into your new home! But in all the commotion of purchasing a home, getting finances in order and getting utilities set up, you may be unprepared for the first few hectic days in your new home. Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered with our moving checklist. Here’s a list of a few items you’ll need to survive the first couple days in your new home while you get settled:
- Water, and cups for drinking it.
- Food is a must! Stick to items that don’t require utensils and the basic necessities (bread, peanut butter, fresh fruit, etc.).
- Non-breakable plates and utensils. Easy maintenance and you don’t need to worry about it breaking.
- Paper towels or napkins. Life is messy!
- A flashlight and extra batteries.
- Toilet paper is a must.
- Have cash on hand, just in case.
- Some cleaning supplies (see no. 4).
- A few days’ worth of clothes to change into.
- Bedding for the whole family including pillows, blankets and mattresses or sleeping bags.
- Basic toiletry items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes and soap.
Take it from an expert, if you’ve got a move on the horizon, get into “survival mode” and plan your moving checklist items now!