Now that October has arrived, it’s time to enjoy everything pumpkin-flavored! As I like to say, “pumpkin all the things,” including fudge! Pumpkin fudge, you say? Oh yes, and it’s my new favorite way to enjoy this fabulous fall flavor. I wanted to give the fudge an even more decadent twist though, so that’s where sea salt comes in. Salted caramel treats are some of my favorite because the salt pairs so perfectly with the sweet caramel. Pumpkin fudge is quite sweet too, so the sea salt is a fitting touch.
RECIPE FOR SALTED PUMPKIN FUDGE:
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- ½ cup mashed pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1 7-ounce container marshmallow crème
- 1 12-ounce package white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Sea salt for garnish (2 tablespoons to ¼ cup)
- Line square baking pan with parchment paper for easy fudge removal.
- Combine sugars, butter, evaporated milk, pumpkin, and spices in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir until melted and combined.
- Continue stirring until temperature reaches 234°F (soft ball stage).
- Quickly remove from heat to prevent burning, stir in white chocolate chips, marshmallow crème, and vanilla extract. Stir until melted and combined.
- Cool completely. Cut into squares. You can also chill before cutting to make it easier to cut perfect squares.
Of course you can leave the sea salt off if you want plain pumpkin fudge, especially if serving to children who might find the sea salt flavor a bit too strong. Or give this recipe a twist by drizzling it with dark chocolate or caramel! This pumpkin fudge will instantly become a family favorite for years to come.
Package up this tasty treat for favors, hostess gifts, or just an afternoon treat. Fudge is super decadent, so a few little squares definitely satisfy your sweet (and salty!) tooth.
Check out even more fall-inspired treats!